Saturday, September 23, 2006

bass drum practice pad

my vacation starts today and after waking up, not having breakfast yet and 1.5 hours in the AM, im already 90% complete on my new bass drum practice pedal.

i made it out of scrap 1/2 MDF from my drum molds. the beater impact zone is still clamped because i didnt have the right size of nails at the moment. i used shoe nails and lots and lots of glue to hold the piece together. actually, the glue bond will be stronger than if the pieces were just nailed together.

then my poor rubber drum mat got butchered, i needed a small piece of rubber to put on the beater impact zone so i took it out from one of the corners of my drum mat. i still need a small piece of 1/4" thick plywood to cut the pedal mounting plate thingy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home