Tuesday, January 31, 2006

wood hoop prototype

im posting backwards =) coz i need to keep posting...

here's my prototype 14" wood hoop, half an inch thick, plies running in alternating horizontal/vertical fashion. its very rough, unsanded and intentionally made 2.5 inches high to be cut in to two. it still needs another half inch of plies which i will get to finish when i get my lazy butt up and actually finish this thing. im really not motivated to do anything right now even if i have the time.



here's the mold and the wood hoop ring before my mold got deformed from a fall.



from now on, all my future shells will be made using a female mold. its much faster than the section-clamping scheme i used on my first shells. its much more expensive to make though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home