Friday, November 11, 2005

filler time

9 days, that's how long it took me make my new 10" tom. if the first one gave me the confidence to really invest in materials to do shells, the second one tells me that i could actually sell them. =) it looks 100 times better and rounder. its still not good for staining and natural finish due to the fact that its a so-so specie of maple.

i might try to add pizazz by using those expensive and exotic veneers on the top layer. then i can apply lacquer on it with solid colors or use wraps. the construction is commercial quality, ehem. its as rigid as my keller snare. only 5mm, its as thick as the thinnest pearl shells.

hmmm i want to make a 10x4 snare by using the excess sheets i have. i can still make a good 20-ply snare out of them. but first things first, i have to finish the 18 and 14 before christmas. i got to have a kit to play on my birthday. hopefully my cymbals will get here before december comes.

speaking of cymbals, two of them were damaged during the trip back and fourth so jamie's making me new ones as replacement. i have to send him an email later if he's ready to ship them out or already shipped it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home